accidentally (?) deleted graphics driver.. blank screen..arrghh (wants walkthrough for driver reinstallation)

Can anyone 'walk me through' reinstalling the graphics driver which I accidentally deleted whilst trying to get the Nvidia GT21 graphics to work on my Fujitsu Lifebook..

my harddrive is encrypted and after de-encryting I just get the fujitzu splash... no manjaro login.....

so I need to reinstall the graphics driver...

I'm sure there is a command line route

can anyone walk me through it please?

Try in tty (Ctrl+Alt + F2)

mhwd -a pci nonfree 0300

I get an error

config 'video-hybrid-intel-nvidia-390xx-bumblebee' conflicts with config(s) video-nvidia-390xx

I also tried free and it seemed to work (did something) but on reboot still the same

if I repeat the exercise I get a message

skipping already installed config 'video linux' for device ..... (gt 620m)
skipping already installed config ' video linux' for device .... Intel 3rd gen Graphic contlr

any other suggestions?

Remove the video-nvidia-390xx driver

sudo mhwd -r pci video-nvidia

and try again.

You might find the wiki page helpful: https://wiki.manjaro.org/index.php?title=Configure_Graphics_Cards :slightly_smiling_face:

I tried various commands all to no avail so in the end I reinstalled the OS... not that that actually solves getting the Nvidia to work but at least it puts some colour infront of me..

this is the out put from $ inxi -G
Graphics:
Device-1: Intel 3rd Gen Core processor Graphics driver: i915 v: kernel
Device-2: NVIDIA GF108M [GeForce GT 620M] driver: N/A
Display: x11 server: X.Org 1.20.4 driver: intel resolution: 1366x768~60Hz
OpenGL: renderer: Mesa DRI Intel Ivybridge Mobile v: 4.2 Mesa 19.0.3

I followed the instructions on the wikki but ....

thanks anyway

Maybe you are not 'getting' that you have an optimus (dual-card) setup.

That means you do not just install the nvidia driver.

[personally I cant stand these laptops - but a bunch of people have them running satisfactorily]