Accessing smb share in blender (without making it permanent in fstab/without terminal)

Hi,

I need to access a smb mounted usb stick from blender.
The old solution to open a .blend from the smb in Blender and then using file open to see the source path does not work on manjaro (or I am doing something wrong). The folder (~/.cache/kioexec/krun/153702_0/) found by this method is just a cache, the files I put there are not going to the smb share.

In the past, the location could be found in /run/user/1000/gvfs/smb-share:server= but my gvfs folder is empty.

I guess it would work using

mount -t cifs -o username=netuser,password=hiddenword //IP-Address/…

but I would like to do it without terminal just by mounting the smb folder in dolphin and then somehow finding the correct path. I don’t want to make it permanent.

Open the SMB share in the file manager, right click, open in terminal, then run pwd.

“Open terminal here” is only available as root action.
pwd returns /root, this seems wrong and I can’t open it in Blender.

I guess then it could be that the file manager doesn’t mount it anywhere.

Okay, so I have to make it permanent.
Since it is a USB stick, it could happen that I plug a different one in the port, perhaps with different size or file system - if I mount such a different stick using the same fstab mount point in (if that is even possible), would there be problems like file/filesystem corruption?