A thank you to user bogdancovaciu

Bogdancovaciu isn't currently accepting messages, I'm assuming because their inbox is inundated. I followed their guide for setting up a wacom tablet and mapping it to only one output display and it worked perfectly.

Bogdancovaciu, if you see this, send me a message with a way to buy you a coffee as a thank you -- if you're set up to do so.

If this kind of post is not allowed I apologize. I just want to give recognition to someone whose help was invaluable to me.

31 Likes

In truth, @bogdancovaciu probably doesn't get enough credit for what he does around here. As of the writing of the post he has nearly 1000 accepted solutions which requires an almost unthinkable amount of time invested in helping people.

25 Likes

@dalto 640 ain't so bad yourself. But I remember we were talking about this recently in chat maybe. It's wild the amount of knowledge a few of you guys have and your willingness to help is unfathomable. But @bogdancovaciu is like a one man army helping people.

14 Likes

I sincerely applaud you for being so courteous as to write this. Bogdan is a tremendous asset to the forum community, & i think it's just lovely when people show their appreciation for his assistance & efforts. Your post does you great credit IMO.

I wish more broadly that newer members would make a habit of thanking the many fine helpful older members here who contribute so much.

I also wish for world peace, & more unicorns.

19 Likes

Yeah, Bogdan is awesome, there's no disputing that :smiley:

9 Likes

I dispute that!

He uses multiple WMs & DEs, not only that one.

9 Likes

Hey, oh ... wow ... now here i'm overwhelmed and almost chocking my words out of the keyboard. Hardly i get emotional in the online world. Now it happened ... :blush:

There was nobody around me to guide when i was starting investigating things, regardless the topics i'm interested in: technology and art. I know it can be frustrating to sit there, with something we would like to use and not be able to use it. I'm happy if someone finds something i suggested to be useful as i intended to be, or if someone fixes the system issues based on that.

The reason i blocked DM is because i don't want that to be the channel to solve system issues.

now look at how much i was able to write in 20 minutes - talking about awesomeness and efficiency
:rofl:

32 Likes

All Hail bogdancovaciu!
61732_2
a legend in his own lunchtime...

11 Likes

Just don't promote me to some sort of saint status, nor into some iconic figure! Everyone would be very disappointed about me at some point, then all hail will get lose into a storm, and we all know that has an undesired outcome.

i would be the car in that image :joy: :sweat_smile: :rofl:

9 Likes

To late. I changed it to my liking :smiley:

image843 :wink:

6 Likes

yeah, but that ugly mug i have will never be in a technical advantage anywhere :stuck_out_tongue: :rofl:

5 Likes

Since deepl had let me down with the translation I had to use google.

That's what I call fishing for compliments. :slight_smile:

Even if it were so, it's the inner values that count :slight_smile:

3 Likes

But a coffee cashbox is a good idea, isn't it ?

4 Likes

Well is in a complimentary topic :smiley:
But, by many standards, my face would catch no fish as compliments, no matter how and who would try to turn that around. I always had to hide that behind a self-sarcasm.

A couple of my artist friends have a page like that. I never thought about it. Will see :slight_smile:

3 Likes

OT

0% fees from Ko-fi.
Realy? Who take the fees money? :wink:
I search some time ago for a friend (@Librewish :wink: ) , paypal 10% other 5%, crazy.
Will read and translate that page.
Thanks for sharing @banjo

3 Likes

Yeah, they went on a limb with all their changes. I have an account since they started and was always a mess, even they had a security issue where all transactions could be tracked and intercepted by anyone. Barely used it, and in the past two years i didn't used at all.

4 Likes

Oh stop it with your obsessive licking, would you! We've told you about that before.

:tongue:

Last warning before you get flagged for OT.

6 Likes

Even that is OT, but i already pointed out what will happen if i get my mug exposed :rofl:

6 Likes

Bogdan is the King, it is indisputable. @xabbu is the next forum sage I have great respect for as his knowledge of Network configuration is unparralled. One day I hope to know half as much about network configuration as @xabbu.

The stunning thing about Bogdan is his knowledge is so great in so many varied Linux fields. He knows something about just about everything Linux related. That sort of expansive knowledge is very hard to come by. Truly impressive indeed.

All the best to you my friend Bogdan.

18 Likes

And to think that until this thread emerged, Bogdan was all set to change over to Buntu Deepbudgie...

Summary

Allegedly.

Summary

Or not.

6 Likes

Forum kindly sponsored by