A question about libreoffice-still OR package

Then…

:man_shrugging:

Can this be somekind of mistake by the package maintainer?

I have no idea, but it’s happening here as well:

https://i.imgur.com/vkRZeOB.png

I think it is time to use the appimage variant of LibreOffice, thank you for your help!

You can install it via CLI, you don’t have to go the .AppImage route…

pamac install libreoffice-still

Okay, Installed it, and again there is GNUjump saying hello :smiley:

But gnujump is not actually installed, right? Its just erroneously titled in the package manager window?
(again … its 400+ mb)

This is not a problem with the package … its a problem with the manager.

Okay, is there some other package manager whom I can install to check this theory?

We already checked.
But no, you already have pacman.

pacman -Qs gnujump

All of the LibreOffice packages + GNUjump are the same size:

It doesn’t give output.

…because gnujump is not installed.

Yes, I already searched it in package manager and it is not installed :smiley:
Sorry for my knowledge cscs! It’s upgrading slowly, but surely!

It looks fine here, xfce Unstable:
Screenshot_2023-10-11_11-46-17

gnujump package is not installed on my system either, but libreoffice is showing it as part of it.

Also if I am searching for GNUjump in my pc there is only reference to pamac:

Also when I click it to launch from the package manager it doesn’t start.

It is some problem with the package manager on your side and not for everybody. I have LO Fresh and it is normal, gnujump is also normally titled.

How to fix pamac i do not know. I think i noticed something similar once but it dissapeared from itself very quickly, that is way i am pretty sure it is some form of wrong caching somewhere, and the mixup is random (it happened to me with some other combination of packets).

Alternatively, you can try the gtk3 version of pamac, or octopi, until someone from the knowledgeable users tells you what exactly to delete to fix it.

p.s. you did try everything in the menu, did you? Toggling software mode, refreshing database (we actually did it from terminal above), clearing cache from preferances?

I tried everything that regular user can think of + everything that the guys above told me :] probably is some minor bug as you said, I don’t think that it can be something malicious in the official repository :slight_smile:

It might be an error in archlinux-appstream-data

1 Like

Oops, sorry, unrelated.

GNUJump is a game of some kind, a quick search revealed. I’m uncertain why that would be associated with LibreOffice in any way; unless it’s similar to the trend in Browsers of late – adding games and other unnecessary apps, and calling them features.

Yes, I’ve never heard of GNUJump before I saw it in the Package Manager. Still don’t know what is going on, but probably it will fix by itself :]