A failure occurred in build()

any time i yay -S or install anything i get this

make: *** [Makefile:30: compile] Error 9
==> ERROR: A failure occurred in build().
    Aborting...

Since building only occurs with AUR packages:

1 Like

i tired this already no luck and idk if this is normal but never noticed my konsole has a Lock

check screen shot
(https://i.imgur.com/nyfmYND.png)

Because you changed into the parent /home directory, in which your user account lacks write permissions.

What does that have to do with your original problem of PKBUILDs from the AUR failing to build?

your right nothing to with it…
so how do i fix PKBUILDs and AUR

nothing on google seems to work

More context and information is needed.

It’s the equivalent of saying:
“None of my video files play any sound, no matter which video players I use. How can I fix it?”

one sec buddy

so I’m trying to install remmina with Yay

make[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
[  2%] Building C object plugins/rdp/CMakeFiles/remmina-plugin-rdp.dir/rdp_event.c.o
[  2%] Building C object plugins/rdp/CMakeFiles/remmina-plugin-rdp.dir/rdp_file.c.o
[  3%] Building C object plugins/rdp/CMakeFiles/remmina-plugin-rdp.dir/rdp_settings.c.o
[  4%] Building C object plugins/rdp/CMakeFiles/remmina-plugin-rdp.dir/rdp_graphics.c.o
[  4%] Building C object plugins/rdp/CMakeFiles/remmina-plugin-rdp.dir/rdp_cliprdr.c.o
[  5%] Building C object plugins/rdp/CMakeFiles/remmina-plugin-rdp.dir/rdp_monitor.c.o
[  6%] Building C object plugins/rdp/CMakeFiles/remmina-plugin-rdp.dir/rdp_channels.c.o
[  6%] Linking C shared module remmina-plugin-rdp.so
[  6%] Built target remmina-plugin-rdp
make: *** [Makefile:136: all] Error 2
==> ERROR: A failure occurred in build().
    Aborting...
 -> error making: remmina-git

Welcome to the forum! :wave:

Please see:

i have some unfinished jobs that won’t rebuild for some reason

Does this problem occur for any PKGBUILD you try to build from the AUR, or just remmina-git?

1 Like

let me check so i was able to install google chrome via yay so maybe this occurs when installing remmina / remmina-git

any help?

With what?

I asked you a question to better gauge what the underlying issue might be, and you have yet to return with a clear answer.

Does it? Did you confirm?

If it’s an issue specific to the PKGBUILD of remmina-git on the AUR, then this means it’s not an underlying Manjaro problem, nor even an issue with Arch Linux, yay, the AUR in general, nor Pamac.

This entire thread is becoming a test of patience and guessing. Perhaps you mean well, and I don’t doubt that. But I’m not sure how to continue. :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

it’s in the 'Community Repositories why do you need the AUR version?

i guess I’m not understanding so you expect me to know the exact problem when i don’t dude I’m following this post

linuxcapable. com/how-to-install-remmina-remote-desktop-on-manjaro-21-linux

The fact that this was easily solved by using an official package in the repository is a clear example of the “XY Problem”, which is one of the tips on how to ask for help:

Your original post starts off with:

(Emphasis added.)

When in fact you could have started with something more clear and accurate, such as:
“I’m unable to install remmina-git from the AUR. It gives me an error and then aborts. I need to use Remmina.

Immediately I, or someone else, would have replied with: “Remmina is available in the official repositories. Install it from there.”

2 Likes

Please review the Forum Rules:

• Bumping

Posting a single word or useless message (bumping) to attract attention to your thread is not allowed.

• Respect Other Users

Simply put, treat others as you would be treated; respect them and their views, even if you disagree with them.

Help us help you. You have not provided enough information for us to help you despite being provided with ways to do so. The helpful volunteers responding are humans just like you. Please treat them with respect.

:warning: If you continue to be flippant, treat a support forum like an instant magician messenger expecting others to do everything for you while ignoring everything folks have asked of you, appropriate action will be taken. For now, your post is hidden as not to waste anyone else’s time.

Everyone is welcome here, however, if the privilege is abused it may be lost.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.