A couple of errors in systemd startprocess

Hi guys,
I am running the KDE version of Manjaro.
System is up-to-date and a started to analyze the systemd error messages, I have a couple of it:
Output of journalctl -fp err

Dez 11 19:15:31 mars ntpd[767]: unable to create socket on eno1 (22) for fd00::b0e1:94e8:8802:50bb#123

Dez 11 19:23:26 mars kontact[2284]: Error loading text-to-speech plug-in "speechd"

Dez 11 19:28:54 mars akonadiserver[983]: org.kde.pim.akonadiserver: DATABASE ERROR:

Dez 11 19:28:54 mars akonadiserver[983]: org.kde.pim.akonadiserver:   Error code: "1062"

Dez 11 19:28:54 mars akonadiserver[983]: org.kde.pim.akonadiserver:   DB error:  "Duplicate entry '22788-1' for key 'PRIMARY'"

Dez 11 19:28:54 mars akonadiserver[983]: org.kde.pim.akonadiserver:   Error text: "Duplicate entry '22788-1' for key 'PRIMARY' QMYSQL3: Der Befehl konnte nicht ausgeführt werden"

Dez 11 19:28:54 mars akonadiserver[983]: org.kde.pim.akonadiserver:   Query: "INSERT INTO PimItemFlagRelation (PimItem_id, Flag_id) VALUES (?, ?)"

Dez 11 19:28:55 mars akonadi_mailfilter_agent[1051]: org.kde.pim.mailfilteragent: Error while moving items.  103 "Invalid destination collection"  to destinationCollection.id() : 318

Dez 11 19:29:01 mars anacron[1797]: Can't find sendmail at /usr/sbin/sendmail, not mailing output

Can you give me some tips to avoid this errors. Thanks!
Best regads

when you post terminal output, put 3 backtics ``` before and after output so its formatted properly.
also read through this thread. you can still go back and edit your original post to format it properly

I hope it is better now. Thanks for the tip.
Best regards

1 Like

First of all: Which version of systemd are you running?

If you are running version 239.303-1, try to downgrade to version 239.6 as described in this posting and your problem may be solved hopefully.

Why would that help. There are no systemd errors in the first post. This are all application errors.

Disable IPv6 in ntpd, or maybe better use systemd-timesyncd.

This means your cronie can’t send emails, if there is something wrong. This is not that important on a desktop system. But if you really want it you can set it up. https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Cron#Handling_errors_of_jobs

If you need it install it, or just ignore it.

I’m not a KDE person. Seems it has something to do with the imap cache for Kmail

1 Like

kmail :gun:
if you dont use kmail/akonadi/and the rest of it, just uninstall it.

If kontact and the underlying akonadiserver work fine for you, you can safely ignore those errors (mit an Sicherheit grenzender Wahrscheinlichkeit).

Hi at all.
First thanks for your answers.
Systemd is installed in version 239.6-2 but I think that is not my problem.
Yes a am using kmail and do not want to uninstall it.
What I am wondering is the fact that I just install manjaro and did not change the config or so.
So I would expect that I don’t get that errors.
For example

Dez 11 19:29:01 mars anacron[1797]: Can't find sendmail at /usr/sbin/sendmail, not mailing output

-> I don’t use sendmail, why do I face that error message?

Best regards

Because cronie use it. But it is not installed on your system. That is not a critical error, just a warning from cronie. If you want this specific function in cronie, you need to configure it.

All “errors” in your first post are mors like warnings. You can still use this applications but they are not perfectly happy. This is normal on many systems. There are ways to get rid of it, but it might not the perfect solution for everyone. Not everyone might want to install a text to speech plugin for kontact. But kontact could use it, if it is installed. If it is not installed kontact warns you about it.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by