Boot menu does not see Fedora

while trying out new installation of Fedora 35, I have the problem of the boot menu not showing fedora; grub has no problem seeing it and " parted -l " shows the partiton, and when I run the system menu and change to the drive in it , fedora starts , in fact is what I’m using right now; I always though that if an entry is on grub it would automatically be on grub.cfg but is not ; this is the output from " parted -l "

Model: ATA ADATA SU800 (scsi)
Disk /dev/sdb: 128GB
Sector size (logical/physical): 512B/512B
Partition Table: msdos
Disk Flags:

Number Start End Size Type File system Flags
1 1049kB 64.0GB 64.0GB primary ext4
2 64.0GB 65.1GB 1074MB primary ext4 boot
3 65.1GB 128GB 62.9GB primary btrfs

and fedora installer created entries sdb2 and sdb3; can someone please write the way it needs to be place in grub.cfg so I can edit the file

You’ll need to use Manjaro’s GRUB, not Fedora’s. Even if Fedora’s GRUB did see Manjaro, it wouldn’t be able to boot it. See:

https://wiki.manjaro.org/index.php/GRUB/Restore_the_GRUB_Bootloader

1 Like

sorry I did not made it clear, I use Manjaro as my default OS , so yeah is Manjaro boot menu that does not show fedora .

Make sure os-prober is enabled my making sure this line is uncommented in /etc/default/grub:

# Uncomment this option to enable os-prober execution in the grub-mkconfig command
GRUB_DISABLE_OS_PROBER=false

Then run sudo update-grub and reboot.

yeah done all of that , but nothing yet

MBR boot vs. EFI boot

The EFI loader cannot display the MBR loader and vice-versa.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.