6 minutes to reboot

I have all the latest updates on Manjaro XFCE, but the machine takes 6 minutes to reboot (and in fact it just shows “Reboot” at the end of that 6 minutes but does not reboot).
It shows “A stop job is running for Disk Manager” and counts up to 1min 30s, then counts up to 3min, then counts up to 4min 30s, and finally to 6min – looks like four separate stop jobs.

Where do I start trying to solve this problem?

In terminal

systemctl reboot

You should reboot twice ater that command.

Do you have a combination of 4 external drives or network shares. Generally each stop job is 1 1/2 minutes and then this would make total sense if they are not being unmounted properly prior to shutdown.

I think I ran into this issue with my external drive/share mounts when I tested out kernel 4,20.

I had my shares mounted via fstab. Changing them to systemd mount units solved the stop job issue. If this is what’s happening in your case you could test other kernels to find out.

The command

systemctl reboot

initiated the usual reboot (which took 6min as before and did not in fact reboot – just sat there with “Reboot” showing on the screen). I haven’t yet had an opportunity to reboot twice more as you suggested – but what was your command supposed to do that was different from simply doing a normal reboot?

[quote=“tbg, post:3, topic:81226, full:true”]
Do you have a combination of 4 external drives or network shares. Generally each stop job is 1 1/2 minutes and then this would make total sense if they are not being unmounted properly prior to shutdown.[/quote]

No external drives or network shares. I do have four entries in fstab:

/home ext4
/boot vfat
/ ext4
swap

the command

journalctl -p3 -b -0

might show your problems

…more info for troubleshooting here .