4K HEVC/H.265 video playback choppy

Sorry I got my wires crossed. It would be @tartanpion.

1 Like

I use pipewire/wireplumber with a hifiberry sound card. No sound problem. Have you a working sound inside your DE ? and if yes you must have the same profile inside kodi. Have you check the passthrough option inside kodi ?
And for easy use of kodi with no reboot try to use the tty.

I should have added Pi 4 to the title, it has very limited HDMI audio support as far as I’ve seen and there are no options for passthrough in the settings. Not sure if its a good idea to talk about this here but I gave LibreELEC a try and it works flawlessly with passthrough of all the HD audio codecs, It would be nice to get it sorted out in Manjaro though.

LibreELEC is a distribution created for Kodi usecases. Manjaro is not. Manjaro is more desktop focused, not as much media center centric.

Exact apparently librelec has made a patch by popcormix to support audio passthroug for the Raspberry Pi4. libreelec. For a pure mediacenter librelec wins unless @Darksky make something.

The kodi-rpi’s in our repo is also based off popcornmix’s personal kodi tree to co-work with a distro’s desktop image. ARCH-ARM (graysky) has put together a PKGBUILD for it. I have to change up the PKGBUILD and build because of some arch-arm specific terminology. popcormmix (RPi) does also contributes heavily to LibreELECT. So it will be a waiting game for me for popcornmix to add PASSTHRU to his tree for the pi4.

which rk3399 devices best buy?

This will only make the kernel have the support. Not userland applications.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.