3 way graphics setup, KDE, gtx, radeon, intel integrated

Hi folks, I’m in the process of setting up q portable manjaro install. I managed to brick my first one trying to get my graphics setup running so I’m here for help with round two. My base setup is win 10 so I know the hardware works fine all together

My hardware config is the following:

Nvidia1060 ->primary monitor :heavy_check_mark:

Radeon270x → stereo(tv :exclamation:) and secondary monitor :exclamation:

Intel integrated → secondary tv :heavy_check_mark:

Driver config:

Curacao XT / Trinidat XT R9 270X

• video-hybrid-amd-nvidia-prime = Proprietary
  • video-linux = open source
  • video-modesetting = open source
  • video-vesa = open source

GP106 [GTX1060 6GB]

• video-hybrid-amd-nvidia-prime = Proprietary
  • video-nvidia = not installed
  • video-nvidia-390xx = not installed
  • video-modesetting = open source
  • video-vesa = open source

UHD Graphics 630

At the moment with a stock bootup the amd card is not producing video or detecing the devices attached to it, however manjaro(kde) does detect the card and the fact that it has an audio outout to the stereo. The other displays work fine

I know my first time around i got the audio working before my next bootup rendered the whole thing fucky and i couldnt recover with commandline or chroot from a live usb I think i installed drivers that ended up in conflict.

The tricky part is since this is m3ant to be portable im thinking i cant just setup custom profiles for my displays with xorb i need the system to detect and display while home but not have fucky display settings if i boot from a friends rig or from a laptop.

I will be hoping to get advice here before i screw with drivers again, for some context im not familiar with arch, just ubuntu mostly

PS: if manjaro driver combos only accommodate for 2 of these 3 at a time i can drop the secondary tv output as that’s low priority

PPS: my current driver setup is stock from installation after selecting proprietary drivers

PPPS: this is a portable setup so i cant use a solution that requires specific customization to my arrangement, that cant also be easily turned off. Something adaptable is preferable to performance as i wont be gaming from this os

So you’re trying to mix AMD and Intel and nVidia.

1. You can easily mix:

• Intel-nVidia
    • Intel-AMD

Choose which one and remove the other.

2. There is a way of using all 3 to run displays without you getting involved into programming, but you’ll have to run multiple X servers which has its own drawbacks. (It’ll feel like you’re running 2 computers inside one computer)

3. What most people would do is use Intel-AMD to run the display and use the nVidia for CUDA, but if I understand you correctly, you want all video cards to run displays.

Why is this, you ask?

Well, that’s because most people don’t have a rig like yours, and Linux gets built by people building stuff for themselves ¹, so unless you have a developer background and create an Intel-AMD-nVidia hybrid graphics driver yourself, no one else is going to do that for you ².

:sob:

Note 1: Please read this, especially the “Linux is a self-help OS” section as it applies to your specific use-case.
Note 2: Or more probably someone is already working on that, but as I don’t know anyone here on the forum running like that, I’ve never looked into it and don’t know about it… :wink:

I had a funny hunch my rig setup would present a problem lol, ty for the feedback i take your meaning about linux

If you have any parting advice for pursuing the amd-nvidia combo and making it just ignore the intel output id really apreciate it

1. Become a developer and roll up your sleeves and contribute to the Linux community.
    XOR
  2. Don’t try if you don’t have a developer background and drop either the nVidia XOR the AMD

:sob: