1st preview of Manjaro Gnome is ready

Manjaro also needs to fix its issues with Bluetooth connection in my case specifically for 3rd party wireless gaming controllers.

Is this background really necessary? I think a plain background with the same color would be more interesting than an image full of Manjaro icons.

3 Likes

Definitely or some blur like on Windows maybe.

Honestly you can find some people like this and others don t like this. Theming are Always a personal perspective.. @bogdancovaciu Is a your creation do you think? My assumption Is not true ?
In any case we are open to all..

2 Likes

Arch will use the zstd package.
Does Manjaro support zstd package installation?

@taotieren. See my reply to your exact same question in the KDE announcement thread.

What problem do you have? I have a new xbox controller and it works great under Manjaro.

Can you please provide list of packages to install themes, wallpaper and icons from testing repository to have new look?

1 Like

Im on the stable gnome variant of Majaro, will this be a automatic update of the gnome branch? or a new branch?
BTW talking about virtualbox, seems to be a theme incompatibility and it causes the background of any SO virtualized to be transparent.

Is like saying that a book with blank pages, no text in it, is more interesting than a book with text that you don't like ... Remove the theme and you will have a plain background.

Considering that, if there must be a graphic, that graphic needs to tile, then be consistent on different screen resolutions. This two things will make any "graphic" have limitations/implications:

• either becomes really crowded
  • either appears like is a glitch (see the old diagonal lines background used before
  • either is a plain color that will eventually make people cringe that needs more design
  • or on different resolutions will looks small or big and not always in the center of the screen (when forcing a fixed position)

@Ste74 - we can remove the branding.png and replace it with a transparent, slightly textured background, and be done with it. Use only the white branding logo ...

1 Like

Please use Virtualbox only in Fullscreen-Mode. It has general issues to show stuff in transparent in Window-Mode.

A short description of what each layout changes would be nice. I noticed when I tried "modern" the side bar in gnome tweaks was missing.

The settings are fairly self-explanatory, but I expected "Manjaro Branding" to be the replacement for manjaro-cleanup, but it didn't seem to give the "vanilla" look, so I'm not too sure what that toggles. (The green accents on the login screen for example)

(Unless there is a description somewhere and I missed it, I used the flashlight on my phone to look for my phone once)

There is no gnome branch. The only branches are stable, testing, and unstable.

I can connect my steelseries stratus duo controller but only through this sc-controller thing I got from aur. If I try to connect my controller using bluetooth settings it won't work because my bluetooth setting keeps turning itself of and on and won't register my controller like it used to.

I have a steam controller too but when i use it there is a ton of stuttering and lag so I don't use it.

Try this it works with xbox controller

create this file /etc/modprobe.d/xbox_bt.conf (the name can be anything)
put there this line options bluetooth disable_ertm=1
reboot

If I am remember correctly bluetooth has to be 4.0 or 4.1 or 4.2

I'm sorry if this is a stupid question but I am new to Linux: How do I create a file? Thank you so much for your help.

it is just a text file, create is as root
in terminal/konsole
sudo nano /etc/modprobe.d/textfile.conf

1 Like

Read up on the system you're using. Please ask questions in separate threads and do not clutter/capture announcements.

2 Likes

Yes, that is the benefit of a roller. This isn't a "major" update like you would get with a non-rolling distribution. Once this goes 'stable', you will get the various updates.

(Also, flavor, not branch, is the preferred parlance)

Forum kindly sponsored by