Author Topic: Hi all, I've been trying to install Manjaro on my new Samsung SSD, but I have n  (Read 741 times)

Offline inklerTopic starter

• Neuling
  • Skill: Novice
Hi all,

I've been trying to install Manjaro on my new Samsung SSD, but I have not even been able to get past booting the DVD. After clicking "Start Manjaro Linux" it starts loading and then gets close to end and tells me:

Failed to start login service.
See 'systemctl status systemd-logind.service' for details.
Stopping Login Service
Stopped Login Service
Starting Login Service
Failed to start Modem Manager.
See 'systemctl status ModemManager.service' for details.
Failed to start Network Manager.
See 'systemctl status NetwrokManager.service' for details.
Reached target network.

It then boots to the login screen, but the automatic login doesn't login it just keeps looping between blank gey screen and the login screen. I have tried entering manjaro for the username and password but same thing happens.

I've checked the download with the md5 and they both match, I've also burnt the disk twice and verified the disk. So I am confident the media is accurate. I will Attach a pic of the screen.

I've had look around forums/wiki can't find anything (mabye I'm blind) so any help would be great.

Used Manjaro in past really enjoyed it hoping I can get this working for this install.

Online FadeMind

• Support Team
    • Gravatar
  • Skill: Intermediate
What model laptop/PC u have? U boot from free on non-free version of manjaro?

• Neuling
PC/Specs

CPU - AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
Motherboard - ASUS M4A87TD/USB3
Graphics Card - GIGABYTE GV-R577UD-1GD
RAM - 16GB
SSD - Samsung 250GB SSD 840 EVO
5 other sata HDDs

Initaily used non-free drivers then tried the other with same result.

Online FadeMind

• Support Team
    • Gravatar
Make USB stick with manjaro. Use https://sourceforge.net/projects/win32diskimager/ in Windows or imagewriter package in Linux.

IMO DVD drive have trouble with read DVD disc.

• Neuling
Hey your right! Thanks, the USB works fine, guess I need new DVD drive.

Offline cozy

• Neuling
Hello! hopefully a future manjaro user here.

I was looking around internet to se if someone else had the same problem, and bingo!
I suspect that the isos manjaro build are very unusual to other distros,
I might add that I have been testing loads of distros on this machine and I have never experienced this problem before,
latest yesterday when the manjaro cd and dvd refused to boot I was forced to re-install 64 bits debian blaah, but with no problem,

what I have done,

I have been burning brand new cd's and dvd,s net and fcxe versions,
from different brands in low speed, 4 to 16x
been trying to install it from my dvd and cd reader,
I have also tried to run it in vmware, and also run it directly from the isos in wmware,
that takes out any error on media, I get the same error on all trials listed above, login service fails to load,
after some time it reaches the login, but the password don't work because the login service is not on,
simply the only sollution left is that the error is within the code in the iso,
but not definitely a error of coding, but most likely a new innovative way of booting that some machines can't handle,
I hope that someone smarter than me will take a look at it very soon because this might also prevent new users besides me to give up on manjaro.
and that would be a shame.

my machine is a Lenovo Thinkpad W510, laptop

Offline cozy

• Neuling
to update from my former post, I have now managed to install manjaro  32 bits without any problems,
my computer simply refuses to install the 64 bits version, I have no idead why since every other 64 bits linux distros work just fine,