This is the start of the review cycle for the Update 2013-08-22
First of all, I have to thank all the testers helping me and my team fixing bugs in Octopi, Catalyst and other parts of this great community driven Linux Distribution. Without you guys Manjaro won't be stable as it is now. You guys know who I mean!With this release we updated our kernels once again.
Now we ship those versions:
Linux311 series is not recommended for daily use!But there is more!
- Linux34 3.4.59 - we recommend this one strongly to be used for our Manjaro 0.8.7 release
- Linux38 22.214.171.124 - it can be an alternative for linux34. Hope we get some feedback from you about this one
- Linux39 3.9.11 - it is still there. It is EOL and we think about removing it soon. Speak up if you're against it and why.
- Linux310 3.10.9 - the trouble maker. Unstable as hell on some machines. Even kernel crashes happen as we have the feedback from the community - still wonder why that is. Greg made it the next LTS-kernel ?!?
- Linux311 3.11-rc6 - latest creation by Linus. It has all the goodies. Only issue is virtualbox-guest-modules which still don't build against it
We have now the latest KDE 4.11
in our repos, which is dedicated to the memory of Atul 'toolz' Chitnis, a great Free and Open Source Software champion from India. This version of Plasma Workspaces delivers further improvements to basic functionality with a smoother taskbar, smarter battery widget and improved sound mixer. The introduction of KScreen brings intelligent multi-monitor handling. KWin window manager incorporates first experimental support for Wayland.
Since we are based on Archlinux we have synced with upstream at date-stamp 2013-08-22 22:00 CEST
. All goodies you find in Archlinux at that time you find them too in our testing and unstable branches. There are several python updates and rebuilds. WiCD got some fixes. MythTV is now at 0.26.1.
Archlinux-Keyring and some other core-packages got new versions. Notice
More details you find in the Changelog
The review period for the Update 2013-08-22
will be open for the next three days.
Especially review if the updated kernels create any issues for your systems.
To report a problem, please reply on this thread.
We will consider to use this branch for our stable Manjaro 0.8.7 release which will hit the wild next week.
See also the last update announcement
for information about texlive.